Cherry Hill NJ Student Loan Debt Lawyer Provides Clients with Sound Bankruptcy Advice
Are you struggling with debt? Do student loans make up a portion of that debt? While filing bankruptcy may be an option, it is important to know that student loans are not handled in the same way as credit card debts and other debts. Furthermore, different types of student loans come with different options.
I am attorney Joel R. Spivack. I have more than 30 years of experience helping people just like you overcome debt through bankruptcy. My experience means I know the options available for dealing with student loan debt. I will educate you about those options and help you choose the one that makes the most sense for you.
Contact the Law Office of Joel R. Spivack to Learn More about How Bankruptcy Impacts Student Loan Debt
Chapter 7 bankruptcy can discharge student loan debt only if undue hardship can be proven. In order to prove it, the following must be shown:
- That you cannot maintain a minimal standard of living if forced to repay the student loans, based upon current income and expenses
- That additional circumstances exist indicating that this state of affairs is likely to persist for a significant portion of the repayment period
- That you made a good faith effort to repay the loans
Chapter 13 bankruptcy can allow you to incorporate your student loans, as well as your other debts, into a debt repayment plan.
Bankruptcy May Not Be the Only Option
I take pride in being able to look beyond bankruptcy to resolve debt problems. I am particularly knowledgeable about the options available to resolve debt problems related to student loans. These options include:
• Postponing payments through deferment or forbearance programs
• Eliminating the loan altogether through loan cancellation
• Entering into an income-sensitive or income-contingent repayment plan
• Consolidating many loans into one loan
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with a Cherry Hill Bankruptcy Attorney
My office is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and offers free parking. Call me today at 856-488-1200 for a free initial consultation with a New Jersey student loan debt lawyer. You can also contact me by e-mail.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.