Joel R. Spivack, Esq.
Location: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Email: E-mail Me
Attorney Joel R. Spivack has more than 25 years of experience representing clients in consumer bankruptcy cases and residential real estate transactions. In all areas of his practice, he is known for the depth of his legal knowledge, attention to details and the personal service he provides to his clients.
Mr. Spivack has represented debtors, creditors, trustees and creditors’ committees in both consumer and business bankruptcy cases under Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code since 1990. He has also represented buyers and sellers in residential and business real estate transactions. He is a former Zoning Board Attorney in Cherry Hill Township, New Jersey.
Martindale-Hubbell recognizes Joel R. Spivack, Esq. as an AV® rated lawyer, which is the highest possible rating for any individual lawyer. An AV Peer Review Rating means that the attorney has reached the height of professional excellence by practicing law for many years, and is now recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.
- New Jersey Bar
- Pennsylvania Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Camden County Bar Association
- Barrister – Bankruptcy Inn of Court 2014-2015, 2015-2016 Sessions
- Burlington County Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- New Jersey Institute of Local Government Attorneys
- New Jersey Planning Officials
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Arbitrator, Superior Court of N.J., Camden Division, Commercial Arbitration Program
- Bankruptcy Mediation Panel, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey
- Bankruptcy Mediation Panel, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Camden County Bar Association Debtor-Creditor Relations Committee
- Cherry Hill Township Rent Review Board Solicitor 2003
- Cherry Hill Township Zoning Board Solicitor 2004-2011
- Cherry Hill Township Zoning Board Member 1994-2001
- Rutgers University Pro Bono Bankruptcy Project
Distinctions & Accolades
- AVVO Rating 10.0 Superb
- AVVO Clients Choice for Bankruptcy
- Awesome Attorney 2015, 2016 & 2017 – South Jersey Magazine
- Top Attorney 2003, 2005, 2015 & 2016 – SJ Magazine
- Peer Review Rated AV- Preeminent Peer Rated for the Highest Level of Professional Excellence by Lawyers.com/Martindale Hubbell
- Served as a bankruptcy law panelist on the WPSJ and Garden State Television Programs “Legal Line”.
HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
Hempstead, New York, J.D., June 1989
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND
College Park, Maryland, B.A.,Government and Politics, May 1986